Preventing Cell Phone Theft
There are a few things cell phone
owners can do to reduce the possibility of losing the cell phone,
having it stolen, or reducing the damage that can occur in either
- Use a clip or leash to keep your cell phone attached to your body.
- Don't leave an unattended phone laying in clear view or in a purse that isn't in a locked compartment.
- Consider carefully what information you store on your cell
phone. If it would create too big of a disaster if it fell into someone
else's hands, don't store it. You may not prevent someone from taking
your phone, but you can prevent them from accessing important
- Encrypt the data on your cell phone to prevent others from using it.
- You can slow down a thief at least by using passwords to restrict easy access to the keypad. Read this Microsoft page on the importance of selecting a strong password.
Have more tips, please comment